RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) I-BUILD Alternate Component Head (Closing Date: February 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-008-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-008-17
EPC: Php 72,000.00 /month
1. The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an I-BUILD ALTERNATE COMPONENT HEAD.
2. The PRDP-RPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (PR No. I-BUILD PRDP-2572): I-BUILD ALTERNATE COMPONENT HEAD.
QUANTITY/UNIT 1 man¬month
UNIT PRICE Php 72,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for I-BUILD ALTERNATE COMPONENT HEAD.
OVER ALL SCOPE OF WORK:
Ascertain the market, technical, environmental/social, organizational and economic viability of rural infrastructure through appropriate design, quality and timely implementation of subprojects.
JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures the implementation of infrastructure subprojects in accordance to the different Project Operations manual and Technical manuals from project identification, preparation, approval, financing, implementation and operation and maintenance;
2. Assists in overseeing training programs for technical staff at the RPCO level;
3. Institutes the Infrastructure Quality Monitoring and Durability System for qualify assurance and oversee its implementation;
4. Coordinates with other units the organization of Barangay Implementing Teams (BIT/Citizen’s Monitoring Team (CMT), IA, BAWASA, BROM) and Grievance Committee;
5. Facilitates processing of releases of funds to the LGUs and liquidation of funds from the LGUs;
6. Conducts random field visits and audits to assess compliance of LGUs and contractors on the technical, geo-tagging, social and environmental safeguards, occupational health and safety program covered in their contracts;
7. Participates in the conduct of inspection of sub-projects with end-users, COA engineers, LGU engineers, PSO, NPCO, World Bank and other sub-project com-implementers especially during missions and final inspection and turn-over of subprojects;
8. Coordinates the conduct of periodic project assessment and consolidation of regional reports on the infrastructure implementation status;
9. Conducts regular consultation, coordination and management meetings among the units and components at the RPCO and with the NPCO, PSO, LGUs and contractors in the implementation of the Project;
10. Coordinates with other line and oversight agencies (e.g. DPWH, NIA, BSWM) and donors on matters affecting the implementation of the I-BUILD component at the RPCO level;
11. Reviews reports of subprojects FS, bid evaluation and variation orders and endorses to PSO for issuance of objection letter (OL) or No Objection Letter (NOL) to LGUs;
12. Supervises the activities of subordinates in dispensing their specific tasks and functions;
13. Do other functions as the RPCO I-BUILD Head may assign.
DESCRIPTION OF RELATIONSHIP AND REPORTING OBLIGATIONS:
The Consultant shall report directly to the RPCO I-BUILD Head and shall provide on a semi-monthly basis (15th and 30th day of the month), a written accomplishment report.
1. Licensed Civil Engineer or Agricultural Engineer;
1. With minimum 7 years’ experience in rural development
1. Minimum of 48 hours’ relevant trainings;
2. Proficient in written and oral communications;
3. Computer literate with high proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point;
4. Knowledgeable of the harmonized procurement guidelines of the WB and RA 9184;
5. Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple levels including non-government organizations, people’s organization, donors, media groups, religious groups and local government units;
6. Ability to work with stakeholders on multiple levels including non-government organizations, people’s organizations, donors, media groups, religious groups and local government units;
7. Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
8. Can work independently and result oriented;
9. Willing to be assigned at the Regional level and travel most of the time even on a short notice.
JOB LOCATION: Regional Project Coordinating Office 7, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked: ”HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. RPCO-7-SIC-008-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of February 23, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDPRPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee