RPCO 7 Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultants) Hiring of One (1) Business Development Specialist for I-REAP Component (Closing Date: February 23, 2017 @ 5:00 pm) [RPCO-7-SIC-001-17]
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Hiring of Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Solicitation No. RPCO-7-SIC-001-17
EPC: Php 54,000.00/month
1.The Government of the Philippines has been granted a loan from the World Bank towards the cost of the Philippine Rural Development Program (PRDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment for the cost of hiring an BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST FOR I-REAP COMPONENT.
2.The PRDP RPCO 7, hereunder referred to as the End User, now request interested applicants to submit Expressions of interest for the HIRING OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT namely:
ITEM DESCRIPTION (PRDP3890): BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST FOR I-REAP COMPONENT
QUANTITY/UNIT: 1 manmonth
UNIT PRICE Php: 54,000.00/month
3. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) for BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design the program for the conduct of the Business Planning Workshop in order to develop and prepare the required enterprises for I-REAP funding and support;
2. Build the capacity of Proponent Groups and the PPMIUs to develop and prepare business plans through the conduct of business planning workshops where participants prepare actual business plans that will be submitted for I-REAP funding;
3. Assist the PPMIU and Proponent Groups in gathering data and information needed in the preparation and development of business plans;
4. Assist the PPMIU and Proponent Groups in finalizing and packaging business plans for submission of PRDP;
5. Responsible for identifying business development services needs of the priority commodity;
6. Participate in the enterprise identification and prioritization process and PCIP development;
7. Provide technical advice on matters relating to business development to the RPCO I-REAP team;
8. Participate in the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation of I-REAP; and
9. Perform other duties that maybe required by the component head.
1. At least a Masteral Degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, Finance, Economics and related fields;
1. At least 10 years of experience in agribusiness, agri-based SME development and similar fields;
2. Actual experiences in preparing business development plans;
3. Demonstrated experiences in facilitating innovative mechanisms of strengthening post-production and market linkages for agri-based products and building alliances with the private sector; and
4. Preferably has experience working with LGUs, producer groups and MSMEs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Knowledgeable on at least two agriculture-industry subsectors or commodities;
2. Strong analytical and operational knowledge in agribusiness and in the preparation of business development plans;
3. Proven leadership and strong interpersonal skills; and
4. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector.
JOB LOCATION: Regional Project Coordination Office 7, Mandaue City
4. Bidding procedures will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the World Bank Guidelines and taking into consideration the rated provisions in the Project Loan Agreement and Guidelines in the Procurement under the IBRD loans and IDA credits. The individual consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2011.
5. All Expressions of Interest (EOIs) together with Curriculum Vitae and all necessary documents must be delivered in hard copies placed in a sealed enveloped marked: ”HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)” SOLICITATION NO. RPCO-7-SIC-001-17.
6. Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered at the address below not later than 5: 00 P.M. of February 23, 2017. SBAC Secretariat Office Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No.7 DA¬RFO 7 Complex, Highway Maguikay, Mandaue City.
7. The PRDPRPCO 7 reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the selection of Individual Consultants (SIC) process of reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder/bidders.
MARINA T. HERMOSO
Special Bids and Awards Committee