PRDP-MIN PSO is currently looking for TWO (2) PLANNING SPECIALIST
The Local and National Level Planning Component shall be undertaking the following:
1) Enhancing the Agriculture and Fisheries Modernization Planning Process through rationalization of the DA’s planning, programming and budgeting process;
2) Supporting AFMP Implementation through designing a coordinated system of technical support for the implementation of sub-projects prioritized under the Provincial Commodity Investment Plans (PCIP)
Scope of Work
Planning Specialist REOI Planning Specialist
The Planning Specialist will be supporting the component in the delivery of specified milestones of PRDP under the Planning Component. He/She will be stationed in the Project Support Office (PSO) based in Davao City and will travel to other areas in Mindanao as the need arises. He/She will be directly under the supervision of the Planning Component Head who will likewise be reporting to the Project Director of Mindanao in close coordination with the Deputy Project Director.
Specifically, the tasks of the Planning Specialist will include but not limited to the following:
– Assists the PRDP PSO Mindanao Planning Head in the implementation of PRDP specially in the conduct of activities such as the conduct of Value Chain Analyses (VCA) and Provincial Commodity Investment Plans (PCIP) technical reviews, AFMP Updating and others;
– Provides lead technical support to the Planning Team during workshops, seminars, meetings and other capacity building activities that will be provided by the component to the RPCOs & LGUs. This may include preparation of activity designs, materials, documentations and other reports needed. May act as facilitator or resource person during the conduct of activities, if necessary;
– Assists other project staff in reviewing the VCAs and PCIPs as the source document of various subprojects that will be prioritized for Business Plan Preparation and Infrastructure Development;
– Proposes to the management the appropriate interventions in support to the subprojects identified under Infrastructure Development and Enterprise Development by the PLGUs through proper coordination with the RPCOs ;
– Liaises with members of the Project Support Office (PSO), Regional Project Coordination Offices (RPCOs) and Provincial/City Program Management and Implementation Units (P/CPMIUs) as well as members of the core planning teams;
– Assists in providing the RPCO and PPMIU through the proponent group the guidelines in gathering data and information needed in the preparation and development of rural enterprises;
– Attends to meetings called by PRDP and/or as maybe assigned by the Planning Head;
– Submits periodic reports (both physical and financial) on the status of Planning Component to the Planning Head;
– Installs a system to manage files/documents of the Planning Component; and,
– Performs other tasks as deemed necessary in relation to the component’s deliverables and/or as required by the management.
Education & Training:
– Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or any related field; and,
– Must have undergone training related to conducting researches , planning or study preparation.
– Must have a minimum of five (5) year experience in project planning, development, monitoring and evaluation in either private or government institution;
– Has experience in the field of planning, coordination and related activities in the government /private sector; and,
– Experience in preparation of studies and relevant researches are an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Knowledgeable in rural development planning;
– Strong analytical and operational knowledge in the field of agriculture and fishery sector;
– Strong communication skills (oral and written); and,
– Ability to work effectively in a team,
The Planning Specialist will be directly reporting to the I-PLAN Unit Head while ensures close coordination with the I-BUILD, I-REAP & I-SUPPORT components and other units.
Only applications received on or before December 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with Personal Data Sheet and with 2×2 picture, Comprehensive CV, and Certificate of Previous Employment, Certified True Copy of School Transcript of Records,
Certificate of Trainings Attended, other credentials to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position that the applicants are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665