PRDP-MIN PSO is currently looking for ONE (1) PROCUREMENT UNIT HEAD
Scope of Work:
Procurement Unit Head REOI Proc Unit Head
The Procurement Unit Head shall provide his/her expertise in undertaking various procurements under PRDP (works, goods & consulting services) for the successful delivery of specified requirements of the Project. He/ She will likewise manage all the endeavors of the Unit ensuring all related concerns are properly addressed. He / She will be stationed in the Project Support Office (PSO) based in Davao City. She / He will be directly reporting to the Project Director of Mindanao in close coordination with the Deputy Project Director.
Specifically, the tasks of the Procurement Unit Head shall include but not limited to the following:
– Shall supervise the entire procurement undertakings of the Project in compliance with the harmonized procurement policies implementation in the Program;
– Shall ensure that all documents used by the Project Components, Partner LGU’s and other are in compliance with the Harmonized bidding documents;
– Shall supervise, monitor the processing of the Harmonized Philippine Bidding Documents (PBD), Bid Evaluation Reports (BER) and other pertinent document to provide clearance for the issuance of NO Objection Letter No. 1(NOL 1) and issuance of No Objection Letter No 2 (NOL 2) under the PSO Threshold;
– Shall ensure proper review of the bid/ proposal (technical and financial) evaluation reports by the DA PSO Procurement Staff and arrive with appropriate review findings and recommendation;
– Shall attend Prebid Conferences, Bid Opening, Pre-Construction Conferences, and other important milestone and meetings of the procurement in various LGU’s.
– Shall ensure that all updates and protocols from the World Bank and DA NPCO shall be communicated and coordinated with the RPCO’s, LGU’s and other implementing partners;
– Shall design procurement-related trainings to capacitate the LGU’s and other partners of the program;
– Shall involve and participate in the procurement activities of the DA NPCO, DA PSO Mindanao, DA RPCO Mindanao, and other LGU’s
– Shall be involve in the preparation of the Procurement Plan and other reports in relation to the Procurement;
– Shall assign specific tasks and deliverables to the Procurement Specialist, Procurement Officer and Project Development Associate;
– Shall attend conferences, meetings, trainings and any other official representations for the Procurement Unit under DA PRDP PSO; and,
– Shall perform other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned by the Project Director and/or Deputy Project Director.
The DA PRDP PSO Mindanao Procurement Unit Head is expected to generate the following output:
– Compliance to the 2010 Philippine Bidding Documents and its Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
– Majority of LGUs be trained and oriented regarding the WB Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
– Ensures that all procurement activities under PRDP will be in accordance with the WB Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
– Facilitates all the procurement requirements under the PRDP in compliance to the procurement requirements of the Project; and,
– Ensures that the annual Procurement Plan for PSO Mindanao is complied.
– Preferably a Licensed Civil Engineer, LLB graduate and other related field;
– At least seven (7) years’ experience in Procurement of Works, goods, or consulting services in both government and foreign assisted projects.
– Has substantial experience in Contracts Management; and
– Has undertaken at least Procurement-related trainings in works, goods, or consulting services.
In addition, the applicant should have:
– Competence in analyzing and interpreting Detailed Engineering Design (DED) drawings, specifications and other technical aspects of the projects;
– Sound Analytical Skill;
– Excellent writing and communication skills;
– Strong leadership and management skills;
– Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in dealing with co-workers, Project partners, private sectors, and other entities who are involved in the Project; and,
– Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The Procurement Unit Head will be directly reporting to the Project Director and Deputy Program Director while ensuring close coordination with the I-BUILD, I-REAP, I-PLAN and I-SUPPORT Component.
Only applications received on or before December 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with 2×2 picture, Comprehensive CV, Certificate of Previous Employment, Certified True Copy of School Transcript of Record to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position that the applicants are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665