PRDP-MIN PSO is currently looking for ONE (1) PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
Procurement Specialist REOI for the PRDP Proc Specialist
The Procurement Specialist shall provide his/her expertise in undertaking various procurement under PRDP (works, goods & consulting services) for the successful delivery of specified milestones of the Project. He / She will be stationed in the Project Support Office (PSO) based in Davao City. She / He will be directly under the supervision of the Procurement Unit Head who will likewise be reporting to the Project Director of Mindanao in close coordination with the Deputy Project Director.
Specifically, the tasks of the Procurement Specialist shall include but not limited to the following:
• Coordinates and assist LGUs participating the Project regarding compliance to the 2010 harmonized bidding documents;
• Assists in the preparation of Philippine Bidding Documents and other relevant documents for the issuance of NOL 1;
• Attends and observes pre-bid conferences;
• Attends and observes submission of bids and bid openings of the procurement of works, goods, and consulting services, if any, undertaken by the participating LGUs;
• Reviews the Bid Evaluation Reports and Awards Recommendation forwarded by the RPCOs which were submitted by the LGUs;
• Prepares No Objection Letter for all the contracts within the PSO threshold and prepares the required documents to be endorsed to NPCO for the issuance of NOL under their threshold;
• Transmits review findings for all the reviewed BERs to LGUs through the RPCOs;
• Acts as Resource Person in the procurement-related trainings;
• Assists in the preparation of the Procurement Plan and other reports in relation to the entire Procurement of the PSO;
• Involves and participates in the procurement activities of the PSO Mindanao;
• Assists the PSO BAC in all its procurement activities; and,
• Performs other responsibilities as may be designated by the Procurement Unit Head, Deputy Project Director, and Project Director.
The provision of technical support to the Procurement Unit of PRDP at all levels is expected to generate the following output:
• Compliance to the 2010 Philippine Bidding Documents and its Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
• Majority of LGUs be trained and oriented regarding the WB Harmonized Procurement Guidelines;
• Ensures that all procurement activities under PRDP will be in accordance with the WB Harmonized Procurement Guidelines; and,
• Facilitates all the procurement requirements under the PRDP in compliance to the procurement requirements of the Project.
• A graduate of any Bachelor’s Degree Course preferably a licensed Civil Engineer;
• At least five (5) years of adept experience of any Foreign-assisted Projects (FAPs); and,
• Has undertaken at least Procurement-related trainings in works, goods, or consulting services.
In addition, the applicant should have:
• Competence in analyzing and interpreting Detailed Engineering Design (DED) drawings, specifications and other technical aspects of the projects;
• Sound Analytical Skill;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in dealing with co-workers, Project partners, private sectors, and other entities who are involved in the Project; and,
• Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The Procurement Specialist will be directly reporting to the Procurement Unit Head and ensure close coordination with the I-BUILD, I-REAP & I-PLAN Components and other units.
Only applications received on or before December 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with 2×2 picture, Comprehensive CV, Certificate of Previous Employment, Certified True Copy of School Transcript of Record to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position that the applicants are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665