PRDP-MIN PSO is currently looking for ONE (1) ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS SPECIALIST
Scope of Works
Environmental Safeguards Specialist REOI Environmental Safeguards Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Social and Environmental Unit Head, the Social Safeguards Specialist will be responsible in the provision of technical assistance to the RPCOs and partner LGUs in will ensuring the compliance and implementation of Safeguards policy program and adhering to the general procedures and guidelines of the World Bank (WB) in order to ensure quality output of program interventions. He/She will also ensure the timely delivery of units expected outcome in the whole APL 2 operations. He/She will work closely with consultants and other members of the MRDP PSO and RPCO team members.
Specifically, the Environmental Safeguards Specialist will be tasked to undertake the following:
1. Ensure effective installation and implementation of environmental safeguards framework and processes at municipal, provincial and regional levels.
i. Ensure effective application of Environmental Management Framework in all project components and processes
a. Ensure proper and effective application of the RA 1586 or the Philippine Environmental Impact Statement System.
b. Ensure proper application of other existing national environmental laws and local environmental policies where the subprojects are located.
ii. Ensure effective application of World Bank’s Operational and Safeguards Policies
2. Serve as safeguards advisor to other regional Environmental Safeguards Specialists/Focal Persons to ensure alignment among all project components on safeguard related issues.
3. Conduct appraisal and Review of Feasibility Study, Detailed Engineering Design and Business Plan to check compliance to Environmental Safeguards Framework
4. Recommend and guide in the formulation of appropriate measures in the Environmental and Social Management Plan.
5. Review and monitor the implementation of Abbreviated Resettlement Plan
6. Coordinate with the concerned M&E specialists on the status of I-BUILD, I-REAP subprojects to ensure integration of safeguards policy of the program in the whole project cycle.
7. Lead the conduct of spot monitoring of subprojects and evaluation of safeguards compliance.
8. Conduct of post review of subprojects issued with NOL by the Regional Program Coordinating Office.
9. Prepare and submit timely and regular progress reports indicating status of full compliance with social safeguards framework/policy.
10. Perform other tasks as Unit Head, Program Director/Deputy Program Director may assign
Graduate of four (4) year course related to environmental studies.
Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience on Environmental Safeguards, Work experience in Non-Government Organization, Donor funded projects and other relevant institution is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Knowledgeable on Philippine Environmental Laws, Philippine Environmental Impact Statement System and any related local laws and policies, Indigenous Peoples Right Act (IPRA Law), Land Acquisition Processes.
– Prior familiarity with World Bank safeguards policies
– Knowledge on environmental impact assessment and able to formulate environmental and social management plan.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
The Environmental Safeguards Specialist will be directly reporting to the SES UNIT HEAD while ensures close coordination with the I-BUILD, I-REAP, I-SUPPORT and other units.
Only applications received on or before December 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM will be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the schedule of written examination and interview.
Please submit Application letter with Personal Data Sheet and with 2×2 picture, Comprehensive CV, and Certificate of Previous Employment, Certified True Copy of School Transcript of Records, and other credentials to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position that you are applying for as the subject.
LEALYN A. RAMOS, Project Director
PHILIPPINE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Project Support Office-Mindanao
1/4 Flr Alavarez Building, Mamay Road, Lanang Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 235-8664
Fax No.: (082) 235-8665